A Celebration of Anheuser-Busch Beers Paired with Food Drew Hundreds
On Friday, July 11, St. Louis beer fans got their fill of great beer and food at the first Bierfest Beer Festival at The Biergarten. With twinkling lights overhead and warm breezes, the relaxing outdoor space was the perfect spot on a summer night for guests to gather to enjoy an exceptional beer experience.
The sold-out event, which welcomed more than 250 people, gave guests the opportunity to meet with brewmasters to learn more about how beer is the perfect complement to food. Bierfest featured five beer stations that expertly paired beers with specialty menu items to excite guests’ palates.
- Unique to The Biergarten Station – To help celebrate St. Louis’ 250th anniversary, Anheuser-Busch is brewing Faust, first brewed in 1884 and now only available at The Biergarten and the Budweiser Brew House at Ballpark Village. This extremely rare beer was poured at Bierfest and was paired with Biergarten cheese, onion and bacon sliders. At this station, guests also enjoyed Budweiser Premium Draught, which pours draft Budweiser 6 degrees cooler than standard draft units.
- Belgian Trio Station – Coriander dusted and bacon wrapped bay scallops were paired with Stella Artois, Hoegaarden and Leffe to accentuate the richness of the scallop dish without overwhelming the balance of flavors.
- Shock Top Station – Whether it’s the classic Belgian White, the Lemon Shandy or Twisted Pretzel Wheat, the Shock Top station invited guests to try something new with their beechwood smoked ribs.
- Bud Light Lime “Ritas” Station – Lime-A-Rita, Straw-Ber-Rita, Mang-O-Rita and Raz-Ber-Rita were paired with jerk chicken with pineapple and mango salsa. The sweet citrus notes in the Ritas contrasted the spice in the jerk chicken for a pleasing flavor.
- Apple Station – For a sweet experience, guests enjoyed Johnny Appleseed, Shock Top Honey Crisp Wheat and Stella Artois Cidre paired with apple crisp and honey.
Unique experiences gave the event a special touch: Brewmaster Dan Jansen led the crowd in a how-to beer tasting followed by a toast, and guests with VIP tickets took an exclusive trip the Brew House where they were able to sample beer right from the finishing tank.
To see photos and get information on future Biergarten events, visit The Biergarten Twitter handle (@BiergartenSTL) and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery Biergarten or St. Louis Budweiser Tours Facebook pages.