Indianapolis Colts (superstition ranking: 21/32 teams)
- More than one-fourth of Colts fans (26%) believe their superstitious activities affect the outcome of the game.
- Colts are consistent. Thirty-five percent of Indianapolis fans engage in their superstitious activities every single game.
- It takes two: Colts fans rank fourth in the league (31%) for performing their game day superstitions with a significant other.
- It’s not me, it’s you: Seventy percent of Indianapolis fans believe fellow Colts are more superstitious than themselves.
- Men dress for success. Forty-four percent of male Colts fans wear the same article of clothing on game day to help Indy win (compared to 39% of female Colts fans).
Colts Fan Superstitions:
- “When a field goal is kicked, everyone in the living room is required to raise their hands while screaming. It works.” – Male, Age 21-29
- “I wear my Colts t-shirt and give my poster of the Colts horseshoe a “kiss” with my hand.” – Male, Age 50-59
- “I wear a Colts jersey and I also keep various Colts trinkets near me. We also have celebrations we do when the Colts score.” – Male, Age 30-39
- “I wear the same sweatshirt for every game and, if they win, I don’t wash it until they lose. It doesn’t matter how dirty it gets.” – Male, Age 50-59